New Inserts with GF Chipformer for Deep Drilling Operations
TRIDEEP GF Chip Former
ISCAR is expanding its deep drilling line by adding six sizes of
TOGT inserts with GF chip formers for low to medium feeds,
designed for Ø14-28mm hole diameters.
A new range of TOGT inserts with GF chip formers has been added to the deep drilling line, in six sizes from 07 up to 12.
The GF chip former is characterized by a unique chip gullet that helps to cut the material to short chips at low to medium feeds.
The inserts can be used on GD-GH gundrills and BTA deep drilling tools for Ø14-28mm diameters.
TOGT….GF Chip Former Features
- Chip former with positive rake results in an easy cut
- Advantageous for gundrill machines with low motor torque that can run only with low feed rates
- Avoids long and curly chips that may jam in the drill gullets and damage the tool
- Helps improve surface quality due to small chips that are easily evacuated
- Available in a wide range of inserts from size 07 up to 12 in Grade IC908
- Effective chip control even at low feeds
Deep Drilling Inserts with 3 Chip Splitting Cutting Edges,
Positive Rake Chipbreaker and a Wiper
Drilling Process on Machining
Centers and Lathe Machines
- 1. Chip former with positive rake results in an easy cut
- 2. Advantageous for gundrill machines with low motor torque that can run only with low feed rates
- 3. Avoids long and curly chips that may jam in the drill gullets and damage the tool
- 4. Helps improve surface quality due to small chips that are easily evacuated
- 5. Available in a wide range of inserts from size 07 up to 12 in Grade IC908
Note 1) When drilling cross holes or exiting the inclined surface, make sure to use suitable guide pad design.
Note 2) A pilot hole is needed prior to a boring operation. ap≥1 mm is recommended for boring operations.
||Insert Clamping Screw
||Solid Carbide Guide Pad
||Guide Pad Clamping Screw
Select the GF or DT chipbreakers depending on the feed rates (mm/rev)
GF : for low feed rates
Recommended feed rate of each chipbreaker for various materials
Chipbreaker appearances of New GF & DT
- Machine: Horizontal boring machine
- Work material: SUS304
- Operation: Drilling
- Coolant: Internal
The GF style chipbreaker has improved chip control and provides stable machining
Extended tool life with machining stability
Tool Life (per corner)
|Cutting speed Vc (m/min)
|Feed rate f (mm/rev)
|Feed rate Vf (mm/min)
|Hole diameter DC (mm)
|Tool life per corner (meter)
Cutting length (m)
The NPA016-2019's pdf file: View (PDF)
or Download (ZIP)